For ArtistsMeraki puts on many different shows a week and we are always looking for the following kinds of artists: drag, cabaret, musicians, burlesque, variety performers, magicians, visual artists and comedians. If you think this is you (or if you’re not sure and want to find out) then send us a message below.
Mainstage Theatre Callout
MERAKI MAINSTAGE 2023 PART 2 OPEN CALLOUT
Meraki arts bar is now accepting open submissions for theatre productions to be performed in our black box Mainstage Theatre in the second half of 2023 (June – November).
Applications are open to theatre producers, companies and practitioners of all levels, and close at 5pm on Friday March 31st. Artists and organisations who have previously applied either successfully or unsuccessfully are welcome to apply, but we ask that works previously not programmed by us not be pitched again.
WHAT TO INCLUDE:
– A script (if the work is previously published or already written)
– A 1-2 page treatment outlining story, creative team and process details (if the work is yet to be written)
– A short CV of already attached creatives.
– A short outline of the audience experience the production is intended to evoke.
– A draft budget.
– Any timeframe preferences between June and November 2023.
WHAT OUR MODEL LOOKS LIKE:
– Once submissions close , we will contact all shortlisted applicants by April 6th.
– Programmed productions receive a 3 week hire, at a hire cost of $1500 per week plus GST
– Meraki programs and announces theatre shows in blocks throughout the year, rather than a whole year’s season at one time.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Meraki Mainstage seeks to program works that offer a wide variety of experiences and styles within our seasons, but above all, we want to hear pitches for the work you’ve always wanted to do, not the work you think you should do.
Our theatre is a small 48-seat black box on the third floor of a multi-stage and multi-bar venue. We encourage you to use these restrictions as an excuse to go wild, rather than safe, and to give audiences something surprising and delighting.
New works, revivals, transfers, and re-imaginings are all equally welcomed. Quality and vision are what we look for in a work, rather if it is new or established.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your submission, along with any accompanying documents and files, to email@example.com before 5pm on Friday 31st March with the subject line 2023 PART 2 SUBMISSION [YOUR NAME].
If you have any questions regarding the process, your project or our venue, please get in touch via the same email and we will happily get back to you as soon as we’re able.
Meraki Arts Bar
231 OXFORD STREET, DARLINGHURST NSW 2010
TUES - SAT 6PM - Late